Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hello!

Much to update, life has been a nonstop rush the past month, an finally I am able to catch my breath.


Most recently I have finished my second year of college and have left behind one phenomenal school that has been my foundation of the start of my college years! I couldn't have picked a more beautiful place.


Along with a fantastic campus, I also leave behind a group of best friends that are to good to be true, friends that will stick with me even states away!


 I debated changing the title of my blog from "Life on a Cliff" to something more fitting to my life now, but I thought, I think I was inspired to write due to the beauty of my Life I lived on my Cliff in California so, No, I'll keep the name, fits to perfectly!

Before leaving my bungalow, I read a letter of farewell to my closest friends, went something like this...


I entered the town of Isla vista not knowing my intentions, what I was doing on the Pacific Coast, why the hell I even left my parents, how I graduated high school, and honestly how I was blessed to spend my most important years of my life with you all.  My first year in IV was much of blur.  A fun blur, a time of learning, growing, and simply understanding if you will. Don’t get me wrong last year was my foundation, where I began my journey, BUT this year my second year has hit home, has squeezed my heart from tip to top....Emotional being my middle name, I end with thee, I leave behind the roots of my happiness, Life is now a new day alone, a new day I enter a world with my best friends now a phone call away, I leave this vastly beautiful soil to further my journey, I close this door and open a new one, behind that door I step away from a circle of the most influencing individuals I have came across, people that make me laugh, told me how it is, made me learn who I am and more importantly showed me how good life is. College is told to be the most joyful years in a human’s life, probably the truest statement about college. I have endured that life isn’t simple and life isn’t handed to you, I’ve also learned with the goodness of a pure heart and a smile on your face you can go incredibly far. The heart in this home has amplified my gratitude, for life simply doesn’t last forever. In final, I have cherished my moments to the fullest, I have learned things I will never forget, I have made friendships that will guide my life, and I continue to spread my heart to each of you.

I made my departure in the most perfect way I could think of for such a bitter sweet situation, I gladly closed the door of one place I hold dear to my heart! I have now quickly opened the next door, TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY! 




After arriving back within Texas soil, we packed up and ventured to San Marcos about a 5 hours drive from moms, and approximately 20 minutes from Austin, to my new home, Texas State! I toured the campus, ate some yummy food, and signed my new lease for this upcoming school year, may I add I will have my own room and bathroom, and a walk-in closet the size of my old room in California. Quite excited. Much of an upgrade, 3 bedroom 2 bath with 8 roommates vs. 4 bedroom 4 bath with 4 roommates:) Vastly different way of living! Exciting to say the least.
..................................................................................................................................

Home on the range, here in Paradise Texas has reminded me of the Texas way of life, the people, the pace of life, the food, the loving from Mom, Pete, and the pups. Texas of course will be again an adjustment since Cali has been home the past two years. I'll need to find my southern accent again, begin to remember to ask for half and half tea unless I'd like to sip on syrup, I have to pull out them cowgirl boots, hit the nail salon for those fake nails, buy me some more hairspray, BUT hey I'm ready, I take it as a challenge, a way to better what I have, and to get the most out of my next chapter in life. I have accepted that, just leaving behind the ocean at your door step is hard to do I suppose! So here is home, home on the range, where the deer and antelope play!











..................................................................................................................................

In final, my plans for the summer are still on. June 14th the wonderful Jen and I depart for Sri Lanka for our Medical Internship. Still thrilled as ever, we ask all to keep us in thoughts and prayers as we do make a journey of a lifetime. Next blog I will be on the other side of the world sharing my life. We can hardly wait!


-Much love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment